This checklist can be used to provide insight into what a truly accountable annual report might look like. The key to an annual report that makes a difference is when the annual report is not reporting against how "busy" the organization has been. It reports against vision, strategy and key stakeholder expectations.
Use this checklist as a guide, and whilst you do not have to incorporate everything suggested, at least make a conscious choice to NOT include something, rather than ignore the possibility.
1. Vision/Mission Statement
2. How we use our Vision/Mission Statement
3. Summary of key outcomes for year.
4. Summary of key strategies this year (What we said we would do)
5. Summary of achievements against strategies (What we actually did)
6. Summary of key strategies for next year (What we plan to do)
7. Summary of outlook and issues for next year
8. Summary of Performance Targets for next year
9. Why these targets were selected
10. Benchmarks against other like organizations
11. Programs and Department Reports
12. Systems and Processes
13. Managing Risk
15. Board and Governance
- Succession Planning
- Conflict of Interest